About Us
Club No 026579
District 316 A
Inaugurated on 06-11-1958
Chartered on 24-01-1959
Sponsored by Lions Club of Hyderabad
Extention Chairman Ln. V.Rama Rao
A Group of Serveice minded eminent citizens

tudor replica

About Lions Club of Visakhapatnam

A group of service minded eminent citizens of Visakhapatnam, whose quotations are works immortains and whose words of wisdom have deep insight into the unfathomable human heart founded the Lions Club of Visakhapatnam under the stewardship of late Dr. V. S. Krishna, the founder and the former Vice-Chancellor of Andhra University, duly sponsored by the Lions Club of Hyderabad, was inaugurated on November 6th, 1958 and the Charter was presented on January 24th, 1959 by the dynamic approach and missionary zeal of Lion N. N. Pundle, the father of Lionism in India. Lion C. P. Rao was the founder Secretary and Lion Dr. V. V. Chetty was the founder Treasurer. Heroism is not limited to a particular field like war. It may be found any where, where a person performs his duty sincerely at the cost of his valuable time, talent and treasure. Since the inception of the Lions Club of Visakhapatnam 49 Presidents succeeded left their indelible mark of the community of Visakhapatnam duly executing very many service projects to serve the poor, the needy, and downtrodden people beyond the poverty line. They developed a sense of cohesion of togetherness to make the service projects easy and pleasant, fruitful and peaceful. This club produced Four District Governors, as many as Region Chairmen, Zone Chairmen and several District Officers, who brought distinction to the club at the Region, District and at International levels. As a pioneer club in the district and as the second club in the state of Andhra Pradesh, it has established a number of service projects.

  • SARADAMBA BALAVIHARA : Construction of classrooms for the primary section of Ramakrishna Mission.
  • INDIRA GANDHI CHILDREN'S BEACH PARK: Inaugurated by late Prime Minister Smt. Indira Gandhi.
  • Artificial Limb Centre : Constructed and donated to King George Hospital, Visakhapatnam
  • 25 Wheel Chairs were gifted by Ln. Mohan Kumar and distributed to the needy people.
  • Free Allopathy and Homoeopathy dispensaries. The Psychiatry and skin clinics
  • Free Oxygen Cylinder Services.
  • Constructed a very fair number of about 35 bus shelters.
  • Lions Community Hall at Ramnagar, a mammoth project where the club meets on every 2nd & 4th Sundays of the month. Also useful for public for performing marriages, meetings and functions etc.
  • Constructed three blocks for the Omkar and Lions School for Deaf Mutes at Shanti Ashram, running upto 10th Class.
  • rolex fake
  • Conducting Children's Day Celebrations for the last 37 years in a very large scale.
  • Contributed richly for establishment of Cancer Hospital in the District 324 C1 at Seethammadhara North extension.
  • Conducted number of Free Eye Camps to the poor giving free facility of food & transportation from their villages to RE Hospital and back to their place along with one attendant to each patient.
  • Blood Donation Camps.
  • fake watches

These are a few of the major projects during last 49 years of the club's existence. It is impossible to make an inventory of the varied and countless services rendered by the club, with the good response of the community and dedication of the members with a commitment the club services were extended to natural disasters such as flood, famine etc. in helping the handicapped, the weaker section with educational and health services etc. The Lions Club of Visakhapatnam has a family of auxiliary consisting of the Lion Ladies Auxiliary Club. It also actively serves the society believing that service is an unending and inexorable process and that the club is committed to serve as long as there is need for it.

saat replika